Friday, August 24, 2012

Humble Beginnings

I learned how to make jewelry in kind of an unconventional way; I was trying to start one of those "at home businesses" and they showed me how to make the beaded earrings with the fring and asked me to make 50 pairs. Well, I did and went I sent them off for payment, I got a letter back stating that they didn"t meet their "standards" (their ploy not to have to pay me) and the result was, I didn't start that business but learned how to make jewelry in the process! I've been hooked ever since! I started selling to friends and family. and it just grew from there. I have tried booths at antique places, Etsy and several other places. I even had my collection in an art gallery (i did very well there) but I took it out for a show at a nursing home and when I was ready to bring it back, his shop had become quite full and he didn't have room for me anymore. That was ok, it pushed me to try something else and that is how I came to be on Articents. Now,  I design when I want to and I put pieces in the shop at my own pace. Again, the link back to the shop is www.articents.com/Whimsical-Wares. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment